Whew. Teachers at my new school this year have been so great about including me when they start new projects. I'm part of a math group, a science group, the RTI team, and a team that's organizing some space stuff for next year. I love it- but there are days like last night where I don't get home until almost 6 and I didn't even do a thing for my classroom yet. And then I went to Zumba and to Moe's to use my birthday coupon and it was nearly 8 before I got home. Does anyone else have days like that?
Have you signed up for my giveaway yet? I'm giving CUSTOM LESSON PLAN PAGES to someone, just for following me and commenting once. It's just about the easiest giveaway you'll find, and you have until WEDNESDAY to enter!
I got a couple of questions about how I do it. Basically, this is just a modified table in Word. I split or combined columns as needed, changed format as needed, and then added one tiny line underneath. I made one table that was time, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to go on the first page. The second page got a new table that included the time, Thursday, Friday, and the checklist. Copy and paste is your friend, but it can be tricky to use with a table, so be careful and use the Undo button! Then, I print and copy back-to-back so that they make a 2 page spread when I put them in the binder. My school also has this ABC Teacher font that I used (and love).
If you want to feature it on your blog, I would LOVE that! Please share away!
I've been tagged! Twice! (Actually, I was just tagged again, but I'll save that for a new post so you don't get sick of me!) And by two awesome blogs:
Becky at 2nd Grade Rocks- who has these terrific FREE one page games for phonics skills that line up perfectly with Reading Street, but work well with other series (like Treasures) too!
Casey over at Second Grade Math Maniac is definitely worth a follow, too! Besides great classroom ideas, she has recently written up a hilarious hamster saga that you just have to read!
Here are my questions to answer!
1. What is the last movie/tv show/book that made you cry?
The Road. I have to say, I wasn't the biggest fan of the book, but the ending did make me cry.
2. What is the oldest item you own?
Jewelry that my honorary grandmother gave me, probably.
3. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Target, for teaching... Dress Barn or Penney's for clothes. I know, I know- such a fashionista!
4. If you had to pick 1 place in your town to bring a tourist, where would you take them?
Purdue University, my alma mater!
5. What one food do you never get tired of?
6. What is your favorite book?
Oh, so many- if I had to pick one, it probably would be The Road Home by Ellen Emerson White. LOVE that book.
7. What is your favorite season?
Spring! Except that I seem to be developing allergies...
8. What is your favorite beverage?
Barq's Red Cream Soda.
9. When is the last day of school for you?
May 24, earlier than usual!
10. If you could live anywhere at all where would it be?
I really want to go to Monteverde, Costa Rica... but I'm not sure I'd want to live quite that far from family. I might pick somewhere in Colorado. My husband and I went there for our honeymoon and fell in love with the mountains!
Annnnnd my second set, deleting repeats:
1. What is the most played song on your IPOD (or other mobile device)?
I don't actually have a working iPod right now, but it's probably something by Relient K or Josh Groban. I usually listen to Pandora, lately, though!
3. What story does your family ALWAYS tell about you?
Maybe the time that my favorite player, Donald Driver (of Packers fame, and recently DWTS), called me "sweetie"? Yeah, that was awesome.
4. If you could have your dream second home, would if be a mountain hideaway or a beach house?
Mountain hideaway with an ocean view. LOVE mountains, but looking at and listening to the ocean is just so relaxing.
5. What is the furthest you have ever been away from home?
A Caribbean cruise my family and I took before I went to college.
9. You have to move out of the country RIGHT now. Where do you go?
10. How many days until summer?
1 month and 17 days, but I just had to count to find that out. Is anyone else kind of freaked out about how much you still have left to fit in?!
Thanks for tagging me, Becky and Casey!
Tori @ Tori's Teacher Tips! (click over to her cute new blog!)
Brittany @ Sweet Seconds (who just got a super cute blog redesign!)
Ms. King @ The New Teacher Noggin (another new teacher, yay!)
Kimberlee @ Teacher Time Savers (just posted a free assessment notebook!)
Elisabeth @ Tales of an Elementary Teacher (who offered up free math centers that are GREAT!)
Laura @ Mrs. Castro's Class (who just hit 50 followers! Woohooo!)
Amanda @ Inspired in Second (who teaches in Kuwait- how awesome!)
Andrea @ Cheers to School (who recently posted a smart job searching tip!)
Stacey @ Third Grade Times (who just made her own plain flats glittery, and shared how!)
Mrs. Youel @ Adventures in 2nd Grade (whose students clearly enjoy Scoot as much as mine do!)
I wrote this a couple of days ago, and some of you have been tagged since then... I'm sorry! You don't have to answer my questions too :) If you want to play, though, here are your questions:
1. Did you take lessons in anything as a kid?
2. What is the one book you would recommend to a new teacher?
3. Who is your very favorite children's book author or illustrator?
4. If you could only listen to one musical artist/group for the rest of your life, who would it be?
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. What is your biggest strength as a teacher?
7. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
8. What is the last thing you bought?
9. If someone gave you $500 for your classroom right now, what would you buy?
10. What is your favorite vacation spot?