I just saw something on another blog that made me smile.
She's hosting "Real Life Wednesday," a day where the (mostly mommy-blogger) readers post pictures or stories about how their life is really today.
Sometimes, I look at other teachers' blogs and get kind of jealous. I know, it's dumb, but I feel like other people just seem like they have their stuff together. And their room is probably neat and wonderful and organized and active and perfect all the time.
Well, then I scrolled through the first page of my blog- and, honestly, it looks a little like that.
I know the negative's not inspiring, but I want you to know that if you are in survival mode and things haven't gone as planned and your room looks like a tornado just flew through... well, you are not alone.
Here's my "Real Life Wednesday":
- The rules poster we made on the first day is still propped up in the corner where I keep meaning to hang it up.
- One of our anchor charts has fallen off the wall so many times today that I just told the kids to leave it where it was on the floor.
- The name posters are still not up on the wall.
- My teacher binder isn't all set up for the year.
- My desk is looking crazy already.
- My teacher bag is stuffed full of the same things that came home with me on Friday. And no, most of them are NOT done.
- I'm loving that I can do DIBELS on the iPad- but unfortunately, I did not figure out on my own how to sync it, and lost some data. Time to start over.
But I also have to remember some class positives:
- The first kid made it to Sparkling on the clip chart.
- My kids are at 19 minutes of Read to Self stamina.
- My class tried out Read to Someone today for the FIRST time, and read for 12 minutes.
- I have heard a few positive snippets from parents.
- My class is LOVING The BFG!
- I signed up for XtraMath and it was SO easy to get going.
- Writer's Workshop is finally happening (kinda!)
And some me positives:
- My car is fixed- AND my husband and his friend were able to install the battery without taking it in somewhere for an extra cost!
- I'm almost over my cold! (Although I'm still coughing a ton at night, which means I spent half the night sleeping on the floor of the computer room to not wake anyone. Still happy I'm almost better, though!)
- I joined a choir! I'm much more of a band nerd, but I'm proud of myself for starting something new.
So... this is a tribute to keeping it real, and reminding you as you blog-stalk tonight that everything's probably not as perfect as it looks :) but look on the bright side- I'm sure you have some good things going on, too!
Feel free to link up too, or comment with one "Keepin' It Real" and one "But on the Bright Side..." :)