2 more days, and my summer work will be done. By then, my Amazon order should be here, too! YAY for new books!
Okay, I still consider myself somewhat of a new blogger... and I like the simplicity of this linky party for new bloggers! :) I hope they don't mind if I crash the party :)
1.) What state are you in?
Indiana! I have never lived anywhere else.
2.) What is your current teaching position?
3rd grade, moving up from 2nd!
3.) What is your teaching experience?
7 summers of teaching grades 8-12 at a high school biology camp
Grade 2 for student teaching
Grade 2 interventionist (co-teaching) for 2 years
Grade 2 in my own classroom for 1 year
4.) When did you start blogging?
I've blogged in various forms for over 10 years- but I changed the name of this blog and started actually *blogging*- making a real effort to actually post on a regular basis- in March, during my spring break.
5.) Share some blogging tips or a resource.
- Take pictures and make logos for posts that you think might be pinnable! (LOTS of free frames available out there!) I love seeing photos of ideas because I'm so visual, but also- makes it easy for people to pin your ideas!
- Don't be discouraged if something doesn't take off when you thought it was a really great post. When I first posted about my lesson plans, I got one or two comments, and kind of disappointed... but, somehow, MONTHS later, someone pinned it and it went CRAZY. (You can see how your blog fares on pinterest by going to www.pinterest.com/source/blogname.blogspot.com/ - but put your blog name instead of mine!)
I wanted to check in and see how I'm doing on my "Summer Bucket List"- and, oh boy, it's not good.
1. Read CAFE, the Daily 5, and re-read The Book Whisperer and Spaces and Places!
2. Read at least 10 books for fun. (2.5 done!)
4. Map out my science and social studies for the year to go along with my new reading series.
5. Create homework, morning work, newsletter templates, and my updated lesson plan template for 3rd grade.
6. Revise my beginning of the year forms and packet.
7. Make at least 3 DIY things from Pinterest, either for my classroom or home. (1 done!)
10. Go to Zumba more, and
12. Try at least 2 new recipes. Any easy suggestions for a household of one at the moment? (1 done!)
14. Have at least one get-together for my class at the library.
15. Visit Texas to see my sweetie and celebrate our FIRST wedding anniversary!
I'm not sure why I thought I'd have so much time "off" this summer, but I was sorely mistaken. The good news is that my summer work will be ending on Tuesday- and either Wednesday or Thursday, I'm headed to Texas with some new books to read in the airport!
It blows my mind, though, how close I am to starting the new school year. Oh well- I am excited to get reading and get in my classroom soon!